Not reality, actuality

11:28 PM Posted by Unknown

Well that is the tag line for Tru TV channel but I love all "actuality" type TV shows and channels. One channel I really like is National Geographic. Shows like "Locked up abroad", "I survived", "The final report", "Is it real", "Explorer" etc....

Then I like all the crime show on Discovery and various channels like "American Justice", "Notorious", "City confidential", "Cold case files", "Forensic files".

I am really a documentary junkie. I find stories about real events way more compelling then something that can be made up. It can be about almost be any real event too, not just a particular subject. I just eat this stuff up. It is what is on my TV all day while I type away here on the computer.

If there has ever been a show made about the Bermuda Triangle, Loch Ness monster, or UFOs, I have seen those too.

Sure I have the regular shows I love also. But I love to learn, know and discover and documentarys allow me that.

I started this post because I was watching a special on Nat Geo called "Solo, Lost at sea". Very good show, but sad. From the beginning you could see where it was going and prayed the whole time it wouldn't go there. Some shows just stick with you longer then others and this is one of them.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment